Karl Jenkins 70th Birthday Concert – Royal Albert Hall, London
The concert was a great way to celebrate Karl Jenkins’ much loved compositions from his 50 years in the music profession. The programme included pieces from his ‘Stabat Mater’, ‘The Peacemakers’, ‘Euphonium Concerto’, ‘Requiem’, ‘The Armed Man’ and ‘The Adiemus Collection’. I sang the Lament and Ave verum from Stabat Mater and Pie Jesu from Requiem.
There were also performances from contralto Belinda Sykes, David Childs on the Euphonium, Uilleann Pipe player Robert White and amazing hand percussion from Zands Duggan! Cerys Matthews took to the stage to invite the packed Hall to join in singing ‘Happy Birthday’ for a lovely finale to the evening!
Following this I am looking forward to joining Karl Jenkins on his UK tour and will be singing at concerts to be held at the Symphony Hall, Birmingham (1st November 2014), The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester (2nd November 2014), and a concert (The Armed Man & Euphonium Concerto) with the BBC National Orchestra of Wales in St David’s Hall Cardiff (30th November 2014).
You may also like...
- Song Recital Leigh Music Society February 3, 2020
- Lyndale Cancer Support Centre Concert January 25, 2020
- Mahler Symphony No.2 Kings College Chapel, Cambridge January 19, 2020
- Music in Hospitals and Care UK – RNCM November 27, 2019
- R-Charity Arriva Scouse 5K October 27, 2019