Their aim is “to foster understanding and appreciation of the arts among people residing in Melling and surrounding areas by the promotion of musical or dramatic events or other performances or exhibitions”Melling Tithebarn Arts Association
The recital programme included piano pieces written by Chopin, Schubert and a spectacular performance of the Horowitz Carmen Variations along with songs by Brahms, Tosti and Rogers and Hart.
The recital took place at the Melling Tithebarn. Originally built in the mid 18th Century, the renovation and extension of the Tithebarn took place in 1974 and enabled the founding of the Arts Association, which promotes performances of music and drama. The barn had previously been used as a coach house and is a special performance space tucked away off Tithebarn Lane.
- It was great to perform to a ‘full barn!’ There was such a warm community spirt amongst the Melling Tithebarn Arts Association organisers and supporters. (The home-made Melling Tithebarn biscuits were also delicious and much appreciated!!) Thanks to everyone there!
You may also like...
- Song Recital Leigh Music Society February 3, 2020
- Lyndale Cancer Support Centre Concert January 25, 2020
- Mahler Symphony No.2 Kings College Chapel, Cambridge January 19, 2020
- Music in Hospitals and Care UK – RNCM November 27, 2019
- R-Charity Arriva Scouse 5K October 27, 2019